Since I’m always testing new products and experimenting with my skincare, beauty, hair & nails routine (I’m a bit of a product junkie!), New Beauty Faves is my way of letting you know what’s been tried & tested and has landed on my radar as a new favorite:
- The Estee Edit Radiance Activator ($55): Think of this little bottle as your do it all before putting on your makeup. It’s part serum, part primer and part highlighter and moisturizes skin and adds a little glow.
- Bumble & Bumble Strong Finish Hairspray ($29): Has serious hold without getting crunchy or sticky and is really great for keeping curls to hold all day long.
- Aveda Rosemary Mint Body Polish ($34): Turns your shower into a mini spa day! This scrub polishes away dead skin naturally with walnut shells and smells incredible.
- Smashbox Covershot Softlight Eye Palette in ‘Softlight’ ($29): I am far from an expert in the eye shadow department but this palette makes it so easy and is great for everyday wear – just use one of the soft neutral shades all over your lid for daytime wear and add a swipe of a deeper tone at your crease for evening.
- Tata Harper Purifying Mask ($65): Think of this as a detox for your face – it cleanses away pollutants and other stresses on your skin to leave you with smooth and soft skin.
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Setting Powder ($24): My favorite finishing powder for an airbrushed look that hides pores and other imperfections, while locking makeup in place.
- Glossier Coconut Balm Dotcom ($12): I’ve been tempted to buy 10 more of these to stash in every purse and in every room of my apartment! It smells so good and moisturizes like crazy when slathered on lips or cuticles (perfect for travel!)
- Kiehl’s Apocothary Preparations Custom Serum: I was invited to the Kiehl’s store on Fillmore a few months ago to celebrate the launch of their new custom serums and was blown away by the science behind each product and loved getting to make my own special blend of serum to help fight redness and brighten skin.
- e.l.f. Baked Highlighter in “Blush” ($4): A light and subtle glow that can be layered for a more dramatic look. I’ve been using this as a highlight since the soft blush color blends in nicely with my skintone (and would look SO good with a tan!)
- Le Labo Perfume in “Santal 33” ($175): I’ve never been a huge perfume girl but after smelling this on women all around San Francisco, I had to pick up a tester for myself. It’s a masculine scent (all of Le Labo’s fragrances are actually unisex!) with tones of sandalwood, cardamom and violet.
- HGI Professionals Flat Iron ($130): Have you noticed I’ve been rocking the straight hair more lately? It’s thanks to this flat iron that makes it super quick and easy to straighten my strands with only one pass through each section. I really like how this flat iron heats up quickly and evenly and leaves my hair incredibly smooth and shiny.
- Thayers Witch Hazel Toner ($12): After trying a bunch of toners that were too drying on my skin, I recently made the switch over to witch hazel, which cleanses and moisturizes without being drying like your standard alcohol-based toner. After cleansing I put a few drops of this toner on a cotton round and wipe my face to catch any remaining dirt and oil before applying the rest of my skincare routine.
- Philosophy Pure Grace Dry Shampoo ($24): This dry shampoo is so great at adding texture to hair (sometimes I even use it on perfectly clean hair!) and smells so crisp and clean thanks to Philosophy’s Pure Grace scent with notes of lavender, bergamot and water lily. It’s a perfume for your hair!
Did you find any new beauty faves this month? What are some of your go to products? Any recommendations for me?