Since I’m always testing new products and experimenting with my skincare, beauty, hair & nails routine (I’m a bit of a product junkie!), New Beauty Faves is my way of letting you know what’s been tried & tested and has landed on my radar as a new favorite:
- Huxley Secret of Sahara Essence: Grab Water: With summer’s heat and my travel schedule, my skin’s been in need of some serious detoxifying and while I love a good clay mask for a deep clean, my face can feel really dry afterwards. I’ve been layering on this serum from Huxley after a good mask sesh (or during a long flight!) and love how it absorbs quickly and helps moisturize and soothe skin.
- Kiehl’s The Cure Is In Your Hands Hand Salve: This has been one of my favorite hand lotions for ages, especially during cold weather, and this limited edition bottle is perfect for stocking up for a good cause with 100% of the purchase price benefitting amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research.
- Le Labo Jasmin 17 Fragrance: Rose 31 has been my go to fragrance for awhile now but I recently gave Jasmin 17 a shot after discovering a sample sized bottle in my makeup bag and it’s been the perfect change for summer. With notes of bitter orange, jasmine sambac, neroli, orange blossom, sandalwood, amber, musk, vanilla, it’s light and a little sweet without being too flowery or strong.
- OUAI Scalp & Body Scrub: My scalp has been crazy dry lately (summer weather maybe?) and really itchy and this scalp scrub came along at just the right time. Admittedly I’ve never thought much about my scalp as part of my hair or skincare routine and love how this scrub can be used on body too to remove dry skin while being ultra nourishing.
- Luzern Rehydrate Serum: Another dry skin savior! My skin often feels dry and tight, but still remains oil prone so it’s always a bit of a struggle to find an option that hydrates without making my skin feel greasy, and this serum does the trick. It goes on really light and makes your face feel smooth, while also adding a little plump to your skin to help reduce the look of fine lines and tiredness.
- Olaplex No 3 Treatment: While I don’t color my hair very frequently, I do use heat on it pretty regularly for my flat iron waves I rock on the regular, which can leave my hair feeling fried and frazzled. After visiting Sam in Minneapolis recently I spotted Olaplex in her shower and instantly asked her about how she liked it, then immediately ordered some for myself after her raving review. I’ve been using it once a week and my hair is instantly softer and smoother, and feels less fried after using my flat iron.
- Drunk Elephant Protini Cream: I’ve been a Drunk Elephant fangirl for ages (one of the first clean beauty lines I ever discovered) and just started using their Protini Cream as my nightly moisturizer. It does an amazing job making my skin just feel better, while really sinking in deep and not just sitting on top of my skin.
- Fresh Black Tea Kombucha Essence: My skincare routine can be pretty elaborate but I’ve never added an essence to the mix until Fresh sent me their new Black Tea Kombucha Essence – it’s really refreshing to add a splash to your face after washing and toning and I love that it helps protect skin from pollution (something that’s a serious issue living in a big city!). It absorbs really quickly and helps your serum and moisturizer work even better, smoothing out skin and shrinking pores.
- H20+ Waterbright Eye Roller: Pro tip: stash this in your fridge for an amazing cooling, de-puffing start to your morning or when you need a little extra help after a night of not sleeping much and/or a few cocktails ;) This eye roller is super moisturizing and fights dark circles and puffiness, and the rollerball applicator feels so good gliding on.
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Matte Foundation: I. LOVE. THIS. FOUNDATION. I was a huge fan of IT Cosmetics CC+ foundation in both the regular formula and the illuminating, but this one is my absolute true favorite. It gives just the right amount of coverage to even out skintone for a beautiful your skin but better finish, and stays matte all day without being heavy or cakey.
Did you find any new beauty faves this month? What are some of your go to products? Any recommendations for me?