Since I’m always testing new products and experimenting with my skincare, beauty, hair & nails routine (I’m a bit of a product junkie!), New Beauty Faves is my way of letting you know what’s been tried & tested and has landed on my radar as a new favorite:
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude Cushion Stick Foundation ($39.50): A really great ‘no makeup, makeup’ foundation that provides just enough coverage to even out skintone and hide redness, but actually lasts all day. The foundation comes with a sponge tip applicator so you can apply and blend in without any brushes (I do still love to use my IT Cosmetics CC+ Brush for final blending though).
- Kiehl’s Creme de Corps Faile Whipped Body Butter ($38.00): Say goodbye to dry winter skin! This lightweight, whipped moisturizer has the perfect grapefruit scent and has become a favorite part of my bedtime ritual to hydrate skin without feeling greasy.
- Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment ($42.00): I like to think of this hair mask as a little spa treatment for my hair – used weekly it helps nourish dry and damaged hair so you’re left with soft, silky smooth and stronger hair (great for those of us who regularly color our hair or use heat!)
- Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse Oil ($40.00): I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS PRODUCT. Yes, it’s worth the all caps. I’ve been double cleansing my face at night for awhile now and this is the best oil I’ve found – it smells really good and a little bit of product goes a long way to dissolve all makeup while rinsing clean without leaving any oil behind.
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion ($14.50): Clinique has been a staple in my beauty routine since my mom first took me to the counter in high school to teach me how to do my makeup. I recently went back to a few old favorites and their toner has earned a permanent place in both my day and night skincare routines. It grabs any excess dirt or oil left over after cleansing (which I’m always shocked by – there’s ALWAYS something left, even with the most thorough cleanse!) without burning or drying out skin.
- Nip + Fab Glycolic Scrub ($9.99): Exfoliating is one step in my skincare routine that I am so guilty of not doing often enough, usually leaving me with clogged pores on my cheeks (gross, I know). I’ve been really into this scrub because it’s affordable and has glycolic and salicylic acids to help reduce blemishes and leave my face very soft and smooth.
- e.l.f. Illuminating Palette ($6.00): I’ll admit I have been kind of over highlighting lately but this e.l.f. palette arrived and immediately changed that for me. The 4 shades are really soft and pretty and blend really well for a soft, glowy look (I’ve been loving a little bit on my cheek bones)
- Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturizer ($27.50): A really lightweight, oil-free moisturizer with a citrus scent that helps wake you up and brighten morning skin. My skin tends to be normal, on the oily side in my t-zone and I’ve been loving how light this moisturizer is (a little bit goes a long way) and how well it wears under makeup.
- DHC Revitalizing Moisture Strips for Eyes ($9.50): These have been my best friend after travel, especially post red-eye flight as they do a really great job moisturizing your under eye area to fight puffiness and even dark circles. They’re cooling and instantly feel good after you put them on and really do the trick to fight that tired look.
- Philosophy Microdelivery Overnight Anti-Aging Peel ($82.00): As I get closer and closer to turning 30 I’ve been stepping up my anti-aging skincare routine to help prevent wrinkles and fight off any fine lines that begin to appear. I really like being able to get the benefits of a peel overnight with this 2 step system from Philosophy – you start with a swipe of the liquid alpha/beta hydroxy acid leave-on peel solution, then follow with a youth-extending night gel and can layer your usual night moisturizer on as well for some additional hydration. After a few uses my skin definitely looked smoother in the morning with some more glow to it than usual!
- L’Oreal Infalliable Pro-Matte Gloss in “Shanghai Scarlett” ($9.99): Really easy to apply, high-pigmented color that dries matte (but not as matte as a liquid lipstick) without leaving lips feeling dry. I really like the texture of the product and that you can reapply without getting cakey, a major pet peeve of mine with most matte products – ‘Shanghai Scarlett’ is a classic, blue-based red that looks great on everyone.
Did you find any new beauty faves this month? What are some of your go to products? Any recommendations for me?