It’s no secret that I love a fresh manicure, in fact, it’s become an obsession of mine. Luckily with lots of practice I’ve mastered the at home manicure (my bank account thanks me) and I’m thrilled to be partnering with Aquaphor to help you get perfectly polished in just a few easy steps!
- Apply Aquaphor Healing Ointment to your cuticles before bed – this has seriously been a lifesaver for me as my cuticles always seem to be dry which then leads to me picking at them. The Aquaphor sinks in deep while you sleep to replenish and condition your skin leaving cuticles moisturized & prepped for a manicure.
- Use nail polish remover to remove all traces of polish and oils from your nails – prep nails by filing and pushing back cuticles and clipping. Finally wash hands with soap and warm water to ensure your nails are completely clean before polishing.
- Put a little Aquaphor Healing Ointment around your nails to keep polish from smudging (especially helpful when painting your dominant hand!) – be careful not to get any on your actual nails, using a q-tip is helpful.
- Apply your favorite base coat followed by thin, even coats of nail polish and finish with top coat (Out the Door is my favorite). Be patient and let nails fully dry – I’ve found painting your nails is the perfect desk activity, blog reading helps prevent smudges ;)
- Snap a photo of your perfectly polished manicure and share on Instagram or Twitter using the #PerfectlyPolished hashtag.
I was lucky enough to receive an AMAZING manicure kit from Aquaphor (which I now use every day) and I’m excited to be giving one reader an opportunity to win the same. Here’s how to enter:
This giveaway is only open to US Residents who are 18 years of age or older
* This post was sponsored by Aquaphor, however, all opinions expressed are my own (I really do love this stuff)