Since I’m always testing new products and experimenting with my skincare, beauty, hair & nails routine (I’m a bit of a product junkie!), New Beauty Faves is my way of letting you know what’s been tried & tested and has landed on my radar as a new favorite:
- Philosophy Pure Grace Body Lotion: The perfect everyday lotion with a really light and clean scent – I love applying it right before bed for soft and smooth skin (and sheets that smell amazing!) without the oily or greasy feel that some lotions can leave.
- Saje Wellness Refresh Face & Body Mist: More on my new obsession with essential oils to come but I’ve been stashing this mist on my desk for when I need a little pick me up throughout the day. It’s really refreshing and has lemon for energy boost and eucalyptus for soothing if you’re feeling stressed.
- One Love Organics Vitamin C Serum: My latest travel secret weapon! This serum is amazing at adding moisture and glow to tired, stressed skin and is made of natural ingredients so you’re able to safely get your glow on.
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil: My skin can be troublesome and I’ve found that a lot of acne spot treatments are too harsh or drying, but tea tree oil really does the trick! You can apply a few drops directly to any troublesome areas for a spot treatment or mix within your moisturizer for all over skin calming and helping to fade any spots/scars left behind from breakouts.
- Beauty Blender Makeup Sponge: I’m really late to the game here but damn this little thing has changed my entire makeup routine! Applying my BB Cream or Foundation with a damp beauty blender ensures a really smooth and flawless finish – you’re able to use less product and have your makeup look really natural (no streaks of cakey face), just add a few dots of makeup to your face and dab dab dab the sponge all over until you have the coverage you need.
- Paula’s Choice Clear Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution: Toner is your best friend for anyone struggling with bumps or clogged pores and I really like this one because it doesn’t leave your face feeling dry or tight. You can use AM & PM to help unclog pores and calm redness without irritation for clearer, softer and smoother skin.
- IT Cosmetics Confidence in an Eye Cream: This eye cream basically does it all – it’s moisturizing, it makes you look more awake and it has anti-aging benefits. It also doesn’t seem to migrate into my eyes or cause any irritation and does an amazing job smoothing out your eye area to fight off bags and fine lines.
- Derma-e Microdermabrasion Scrub: I’ve learned that I really prefer a fine grit scrub to anything coarse on my face and Derma-e’s Microdermabrasian Scrubs are the best I’ve found. This scrub does an amazing job buffing away any dry or dull skin and helps fade acne scars to leave your face really soft and smooth. I’ve been using 2-3x a week and have seen a huge difference in my skin’s texture!
- Le Labo Rose 31 Fragrance: Every single time I wear this and hop into an Uber, the driver will comment on how good it smells. I’m not someone who typically loves floral or rose scents but this has just enough spice to it to be really different. It’s light and feminine with a kick and is just oh so pretty.
- Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery: I got serious scolding from my mom when she was visiting and noticed I didn’t have any SPF in my medicine cabinet and after testing a few, this option from Dermalogica is my all-time favorite. It’s lightweight and doesn’t feel heavy or greasy and can be worn under makeup with SPF 50 protection.
- Murad Clarifying Cleanser: First off, this product is such a good value for the size and price! Most other acne face washes tend to be very pricey and very small so I love that there’s enough product here so I don’t feel guilty about using it 2X a day, every day. This face wash does a great job of really cleaning your skin and has time-released acne medication to help fight breakouts even hours after you’ve used the product.
- John Frieda Luxurious Volume Dry Shampoo: I’ve been washing my hair less which means that dry shampoo has been a total lifesaver to keep my hair looking fresh (and actually, better than ever) in between shampoos. I really like how this one adds a boost of volume and doesn’t leave my hair feeling powdery or dry.
- Patchology FlashMasque: Another one of my new travel secrets is to always pack a sheet mask to use after landing – they really help reverse the tired, dull look I tend to get after a long flight and I really like how this Patchology mask works in only 5 minutes.
Did you find any new beauty faves this month? What are some of your go to products? Any recommendations for me?