While I’m far from a makeup guru (I still haven’t mastered false eyelashes or contouring), I’ve been really loving my everyday makeup routine these days and wanted to share some of my favorite products. While I’m always being introduced to new products and testing them out for the blog, these are my tried and true and are really great for a natural daytime look that can easily be dialed up for a night out with a bit of eyeliner and lipstick.
For the Face:
- Glossier Skin Tint in ‘Light‘: This is the newest addition to my makeup squad and is a really great base for a no makeup makeup kind of look – it gives just enough coverage to even out skintone and leaves a really pretty dewy finish. Coverage is definitely on the lighter side but it is buildable and blends really well into skin with your fingertips.
- Wander Beauty Dualist Concealer: I wish I could hug whoever at Wander Beauty came up with this product, it’s brilliant. Consider this your concealer two-in-one – it has a really creamy and illuminating concealer that works magic on undereye circles, and then a stick concealer for spots and blemishes.
- Maybelline Color Corrector: Redness is one of my biggest beauty challenges, from spots to just blotchy skin and I recently started using this green color corrector on red areas after my foundation but before concealer. This stick is ultra affordable and really creamy so it blends into skin very well (a little bit goes a long way) and counteracts red tones so you need less concealer and coverage to get rid of redness.
- BeautyCounter Bronzer: Good bronzers can be hard to find when you’re as fair as I am and I really like this option from BeautyCounter because it adds just enough glow without looking overdone. It’s also matte with no sparkle or shimmer so you can layer over a highlighter AND it’s a natural beauty product without any sacrifice of quality.
- NARS Blush in ‘Orgasm’: This was the first blush I ever used (thanks to it being a cult favorite) and I’m still fiercely loyal since it’s such a flattering peachy pink shade that adds just the right amount of flush to cheeks. The color is also buildable and flattering on nearly every skintone with just a little bit of shimmer to it.
- Smashbox Spotlight Palette in ‘Pearl’: Another new product but guys, these shades are just so pretty. When it comes to highlighting I want a subtle glow without any crazy glitter and the three shades in the Pearl palette are really flattering for light skintones. I add a swipe of the middle shade to the top of my cheekbones and down my nose for daytime and will even add some glow to my collarbones for a night out.
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Setting Powder: This setting powder is the only thing that keeps my makeup in place all day (my skin can get a bit oily during the day) and it also leaves an airbrush finish that hides pores and fine lines without looking like you’re wearing a heavy face full of makeup. I use a big fluffy brush to dust a bit of the powder over my face and under my eyes after applying my foundation + concealer and it’s the absolute best.
For the Eyes:
- L’Oreal Million Lashes Mascara: No matter how many fancy mascaras I try, I always come back to my drugstore favorites. Usually I’ll bounce between this L’Oreal mascara and CoverGirl’s Lash Blast but I’ve been loyal to this one for the past few tubes – just one coat lengthens and thickens lashes and it lasts all day without flaking.
- Smashbox Eyeshadow Palette in ‘Softlight’: I’m obsessed with this palette because it has colors that work for both day and night (and is really small which is great for travel or stashing in your clutch!). During the day I’ll do a quick swipe of one of the nude shades to add just a little bit of color to my lids, and add eyeliner and one of the bronze shades to my crease for night.
- Glossier Boy Brow in ‘Blonde‘: After years and years of having barely there, ultra light blonde brows, my brows have become my #1 beauty priority after discovering the wonders of brow tinting and filling ’em in. Glossier’s Boy Brow is really great for adding fullness to thicken brows with just enough color and a waxy finish that keeps even the most wild brows in place.
- Rimmel Brow This Way: While my brows are pretty full, I do have some sparse areas toward the outside and I really like the powder portion of this brow palette to fill them in and even things out. I recently got this brow brush duo from EcoTools and it’s been a gamechanger for adding just the right amount of powder.
For the Lips: (not pictured, whoops)
- Glossier Coconut Balm Dot Com: I was a Burt’s Bees kind of girl for over a decade until I discovered the wonders of Balm Dot Com. It’s really dense and super hydrating, smells like a tropical vacation and also works well on cuticles (I can never travel without it anymore!)
- Glossier Generation G in ‘Crush’: You know I’m all about red lipstick but when I’m looking for a more subtle color Generation G is my go to. I really like how buildable the color is, from the faintest flush to a more pigmented look and the Crush shade is a really pretty raspberry color with a matte finish that’s not drying.
What are some of your everyday makeup favorites?