How to Throw an Easy Girls Night.
The temperatures are dropping and the days are getting darker which means naturally we’re going to be staying in a bit more than we did throughout the summer, where backyard BBQs were a regular occurrence and late nights out were the norm. But summer’s end doesn’t have to be a bummer – it’s the perfect excuse to gather your favorite girls and host a little girls night in at home.
When entertaining, I like to keep things simple (because really, who has time for elaborate planning and prepping?!). A few of my little tricks I’ve picked up for an easy girls night:
1. Plan Ahead: Calendars can get CRAZY, especially as the holiday season starts to kick in, which means it’s best to plan ahead when getting the girls together. Start an email thread or group text at least 4 weeks in advance to coordinate dates, and stick to the one you all agree one! There’s nothing worse than a last minute change of plans and having your girls night on the calendar far in advance will also give you something fun to look forward to.
2. Stock the Snacks: If your friends are anything like mine, a good selection of snacks is a must for any get together. I’m a big believer that you can’t go wrong with a cheese plate and they’re super easy to throw together (while still being totally #Instagram worthy!) – grab a mix of hard and soft cheeses, or ask everyone to bring their fave.
3. Pour the Wine: Friends and wine go together like peanut butter and jelly ;) It’s always fun to catch up with friends over a glass of wine and even more fun to introduce them to something new that you know they’re going to love. I just recently discovered Rueda’s Verdejo wines – they’re crisp and have just the right amount of acidity (if you like Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio, you’ll love these) that pair really well with just any food. And you can even drop a fun fact on your friends about them… they’re the top selling white wine from Spain!
4. Add Festive Touches: From a playlist of your favorite songs to mini pumpkins and candles, little details can help make your apartment party ready without a ton of work. Keeping at home entertaining casual takes a lot of the pressure off of things, giving you no excuse to not get the girls together as often as possible.
5. Swap Favorites: Set a theme for the evening and have your friends bring a favorite to swap – from nail polish colors, to recent reads or song recommendations. It’ll be a fun way to discover something new and will create some really interesting conversation throughout the night.
What are some of your favorite ways to throw a simple girls night get together? Have you tried Rueda wines yet? SO good! Rueda wine can be found at your local wine shop by looking for the Rueda logo on the back or on wine.com (use promo code RUEDA for 10% off!).
This post was sponsored by Rueda and as always, all opinions are 100% honest and my own – authenticity is a top priority and I only partner with brands I truly love. Thank you for supporting the brands that partner with Pretty & Fun!