Happy weekend, everyone! I really can’t believe we’re halfway through October, and halfway through the semester. D.C. is finally starting to look and feel a bit more fall-like with some 60-degree days and a few changing leaves. Plus, the Nats gave up their playoffs run last night, signaling an official change in the seasons for this city (I’m not really a sports fan, it’s more of a proximity thing, but nothing says fall in D.C. like this does). It’s been another wild week, for our little team, and for the world. Between the devastation in California and Puerto Rico, the tragic losses in Vegas last week and the Harry Weinstein story that just keeps getting worse, it’s all starting to feel a bit heavy. We added a few resources at the end of this list if you’re interested in donating to relief efforts for any of these causes. In the meantime, take care of yourselves and help others where and when you can.
- Create & Cultivate’s LA conference looks like it will be incredible (they also put out a handy guide for how to ask your boss to send you there)
- The NY Times put out a handy, detailed guide to building a skincare routine
- All you need to make these DIY balms is a few drops of essential oil and a little bees wax
- “How not to harass women as told through The Office memes” — I mean, need we say more?
- These are the apps you need to have to make your day more productive
- Every corner of Danielle Moss’ Chicago condo is gorgeous, so she created this little guide to help you shop the pieces she loves
- Can’t wait to try Bri’s recipe for roasted cauliflower salad
- Wit & Delight’s updated studio is just so pretty I can’t stop looking through their photos
- This piece on John Green, his mental health and his new book is a must read
- How to help Las Vegas
- How to help northern California
- How to help Puerto Rico
And here’s what happened on the blog this week:
- Cait’s spilling her secrets for finding cheap flights
- How to let your skin breathe with a streamlined beauty routine