Happy Saturday, everyone!
I keep a calendar on my desk that gives me an intentional word of the day. Friday’s word was “care” and today’s word is “smile.” After the week we’ve all had, these two are especially meaningful. I love living my day with a positive phrase or word in mind — it reminds me to pause in the face of frustration and to take a few extra moments to reflect with gratitude. It reminds me to show kindness to everyone I encounter and to stand up for what’s right. Other words on the calendar this week include, “teach,” “forgive,” “relax,” and “listen.” It’s a small way to practice living more purposefully. How do you live mindfully?
- Loving this wrap shirt from Madewell (you can get it for 15% off this weekend, along with everything else online)
- Obsessed with every pair of the new Rifle Paper Co. x Keds collaboration
- What’s your dream city to live in?
- Meg rocked this all neutral look
- Loved Grace’s idea of putting a few questions out there for her readers
- Have you ever sat down to make a list of dream jobs?
- This recipe makes the chia seed pudding trend it look pretty easy + tasty
- Jess’ post is like a checklist of how to live your best life in your 20s
- So many of these DIY headboard ideas look so chic
- This is my absolute dream vacation
- Adults need pretty back to school supplies too, right?
- This Etsy shop makes the basics look so cool
- Have smartphones destroyed a generation?
- An older piece from the New York Times on being a better person, but a great read right now
- Even if you’re not that into podcasts, you might want to check out some of these in your 20s
- Have you seen the newest Allbirds colors yet?!
- Saving this list of easy college recipes forever
And in case you missed anything on the blog this week:
- The only black slip dress you’ll ever need
- Everything you need to know about entertaining outdoors
- Cait’s ultimate San Francisco travel guide