Cherry Lime Margaritas.
National Margarita Day Cinco de Mayo is tomorrow, amigos! It’s the one day a year where guacamole is basically a requirement which means it’s a pretty beloved holiday around here. As someone who never says no to a good margarita, inspiration recently struck at the grocery store as I was scheming up cocktail ideas for a little Cinco de Mayo fiesta we’re having: to make the most of cherry season with cherry lime margaritas.
And let’s just consider that one of my most brilliant ideas yet. These babies are GOOD. Dangerously good (I take no responsibility if you feel the urge to channel your inner dancing lady emoji after having a few of ’em 💃🏼)
What You’ll Need:
- IZZE Sparkling Cherry Lime
- Your tequila of choice
- Fresh limes
- Fresh cherries
- Salt (optional)
- Cocktail shaker
- Cocktail jigger or shot glass
How They’re Made:
- Cut about a dozen cherries in half and remove their pits – add to a blender with a splash of water and blend until the fruit is broken down and mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- Squeeze fresh limes to produce 1 shot of fresh lime juice
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add 3 shots of IZZE Sparkling Cherry Lime, 1 shot of
tequila, 1 shot of fresh lime juice and 1 shot of fresh cherry puree
- Shake well and pour over fresh ice in a cocktail glass (salted rim optional) + garnish with a slice of lime
- Repeat and keep ’em coming!
Will you be celebrating Cinco de Mayo tomorrow? Anyone else already counting down to the guacamole + margaritas?!
Created in partnership with IZZE