Noosa Pumpkin Granola Parfait.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock it should come as no surprise that we’re officially deep into the gloriousness that is pumpkin season and while you won’t find me with a PSL in hand, I’ve been finding plenty of other ways to celebrate. My latest favorie? Pumpkin noosa yoghurt. Guys… it’s SO GOOD. Like there’s one left in our fridge and I swear if B eats it he’s getting coal for Christmas. It’s a perfect blend of tart and sweet with a subtle pumpkin flavor that’s not too over-the-top (I’m looking right at you, PSL…)
While I’ve been enjoying plenty of Pumpkin noosa on its own I decided to take my pumpkin celebrations to the next level and whip up a batch of Lauren’s Pumpkin Spice Granola which literally had me drooling as I read her blog post a few weeks ago. This was my first foray into the world of granola making and I really have no idea why it took me so long – it was so simple and turned out amazing! How to whip up your own Pumpkin Spice Granola:
- 4 c. rolled oats
- 1/2 c. chopped raw pecans
- 1/4 c. ground flax seeds
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 c. pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/4 c. coconut oil
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Combine cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, salt, coconut oil and light brown sugar in a small saucepan and heat over low-medium heat for a few minutes, stirring regularly, until sugar is dissolved and mixture is thoroughly combined
- In a separate bowl, add flour, oats, flax seeds and pecans and mix. Slowly stir in wet ingredients + vanilla extract and mix with hands until entire dry mixture is coated with wet ingredients
- Spread mixture onto a baking sheet in an even layer and bake for 45 minutes, mixing every 15 minutes to prevent burning
- Remove from oven and let cool, storing in an air-tight container once granola has cooled to preserve freshness
To take your Pumpkin noosa to the next level you can make a simple little parfait by layering it with homemade pumpkin spice granola. Super simple, super awesome and super pumpkiney. Aka it’s pretty much the best breakfast around and I promise you’ll be just as obsessed as I am.
This post was created in partnership with noosa yogurt, and as always, all opinions are 100% honest and my own – authenticity is a top priority and I only partner with brands I truly love. Thank you for supporting the brands that partner with Pretty & Fun!