A chili recipe that only takes an hour? Seems impossible, right? Well, after searching for ages, I finally found the most simple, yet delicious chili recipe ever. I love this recipe because it can be made on the fly & doesn’t require much chopping or a million ingredients – perfect for making after work.
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 2.5 c. tomato sauce
- 8 oz. salsa
- 4 tbsp. chili seasoning mix
- 15 oz. light red kidney beans (drained)
- 15 oz. dark red kidney beans (drained)
- In a large saucepan, combine ground beef & onion – sautee over medium heat for about ten minutes or until beef is browned
- Add the rest of the ingredients – stir well & simmer over low heat for a minimum of one hour
And that’s it! Serve with shredded cheese & sour cream or whatever else your little heart desires – I also made some corn muffins using a mix from Trader Joe’s. Freeze any leftovers that you have or throw it on a hot dog for lunch the next day.